Are you one of the peeps who didn't get a shot at those awesome GE goodies during the Gaisano Mall event?
Fear not! We're back at SM Davao this Saturday, May 17!
There are two ways for you to take part in this exciting and amazing event:
1. Buy 2 Globe starter SIM and you’ll get 1 SIM free, plus a bonus 20 EP card and an hour of free play at the event.
2. Existing Globe subscribers can load P30 to get a 20 EP card and a gaming stub food for one hour of free play.
New Settlers’ Race for the New World
• Only new players can join
1. All terms and conditions of IAHGames Passport apply.
2. Players will be using their own accounts. They will have an allotment of 1 hour of freeplay to increase the level of their characters.
3. Those who will reach level 15 during their leveling will win in-game items.
1 Granado Espada Pin, 1 Combat Manual Beginner 15D
Clash of the Pioneers
2 vs 2 Veteran’s PVP
No. of Participants
• 10 teams of 2 GE players
1. All terms and conditions of IAHGames Passport apply. This tournament is open for the test server only.
2. This will be a 2 versus 2 match. Players are not allowed to join multiple teams.
3. Players from each team will be using the pre-made accounts set by the Game Facilitators. They can choose their own MCC team/set of characters from the said account.
4. Each team/player will be using only the consumables provided by the Game Facilitators.
5. Players are to meet at the City of Auch – PvP Officer 10 minutes before the tournament starts.
6. There will be an allotment of 10 minutes for preparation and 5 minutes for the match.
7. Once the 5-minute time is up, it’s hands-off-the-keyboard. Any player with hands on the keyboard will automatically be disqualified.
8. The team to successfully eliminate all 6 characters of the opposing team will be pronounced the winner for that match.
9. In case of a “draw,” both teams will be required to play a “sudden death match.” Players are not allowed to change their character setup. First team to score a character-kill will be the winner of the match.
10. Warnings will be given for team displaying unsportsmanship behavior or not abiding by the rules and/or listening to the GMs/marshals. There will be disqualifications on the team who will receive 3 warnings and/or exploitation of any bugs and intentional disconnections during the match.
11. In case of system failures or disconnections, inform the marshals as soon as possible. If any players are disconnected before any engagement is made, the match will be restarted. The marshal is also responsible and monitor the match at all times in cases like this one.
12. Match Category:
• Eliminations – 1 match only
• Semi-finals – 1 match only
• Finals – Best of 3 matches
13. Schedule may change prior to the availability of the participants during the call time. Participants will be disqualified during no-show for 5 minutes.
1st - 1 Limited Edition Moviemaker Kit CD, 1 Item of the Month, 20 Adelina’s Booty searches
2nd – 1 Item of the Month, 1 Bear Package, 10 Adelina’s Booty searches
3rd – 3 Potion Sets, 10 Adelina’s Booty searches
Stage Time Activity
Vespanolan Strike-a-Pose Paper Dance
• This is like your typical newspaper dance, we will need 10 volunteers, and must form a team of two, and they will dance around the newspaper while the music’s still up
• When the music stops, they should strike-a-pose on the newspaper according to the one shown on the screens (or we may provide printouts of the GE poses)
• They should do the pose for 5-10 seconds, when one falters or steps out of the newspaper will be automatically out of the game
• Last team standing will receive a random in-game item announced by CM Veya
Andre’s Strike-a-Pose Stopdance
• 8 individual volunteers, and they will dance on-stage
• When the music stops, once must execute a Granado Espada pose done by the model and must hold that pose for 5-10 seconds; if one moves, he/she will be automatically out of the game
• Last team standing will receive a random in-game item announced by CM Veya
Bundle Promo – Exclusively for Globe Summer Gimik Games Mall Tours only!
Can’t get enough of the Item of the Month? Here’s more!
When you purchase a Bellem Card, you’ll get a free 1D Field Manual and 3 Rabbit Hairlace in-game items for free!
Hurry while stocks last!
And we're giving away more items and filled with more activities!
Don't forget the ultimate blog challenge, as we're giving away 30,000 GPoints~! (tax free! XD)
For details go here: Ultimate Blog Challenge
Balancing Lifestyle II
Being an emo all the time is not healthy. This new genre of feelings that had been labeled as gloomy and moody before has been affecting alot of people - especially the players. I've posted before an article here: Balancing Lifestyle on how to manage your physical health during playing online games. I've read a book on "The Heart of a Leader," but somehow, I hope this helps in managing our emotional crisis during playing MMORPGs.
Violence is not always the answer!
Controlling Your Emotions (edited words to apply on gamers)
1. Learn rather than defend. Instead of going into a defensive mode and trying to protect or force your views, learn from the situation. Ask yourself what is really going on with that upset gamer. The old saying is true, "When you change someone's point-of-view against their will, you've never truly changed them." From the moment you lose control and retaliate (even if you are right) you've lost the battle. However, by controlling your emotions and investigating the other's viewpoint, you open yourself to a calm and enlightening discussion.
2. Acknowledge rather than agree. It is possible to acknowledge that someone has a different point-of-view than you have without agreeing with their point-of-view. What happens, more often than not, is that the more strongly someone disagrees with us, the more adamant we becoming about convincing them we are right. Before the situation gets out of control, ask yourself, "How important is it that they agree with me?" If the answer comes down to a matter of personal pride - let it go. Acknowledge and respect other's views, the fact that you have a conflicting opinion and allow the conversation to drift to another topic.
3. Express your emotions. Expressing empathy and being emotionally honest is one of the things that will make you a true leader. Everyone you work with already knows you are human. When you share your strengths, weaknesses, triumphs and trials honestly with those around you, you make a more personal connection. Let us never forget, people follow those they like. While your primary concern at the office may not be to make friends; opening yourself up to your team will help develop a sense of trust and loyalty towards you.
4. Stay in integrity with your values. Emotional control does not equate to silence. Just the opposite. When a difficult subject needs to be addressed, you will be fully able to do so… with a level head. When the truth needs to be told, you will be a person other's look to. By showing others you are filled with integrity and you stand by your values will help to define your reputation. Respect always follow those whose "yes" means "yes" and whose "no" means "no".
5. Tactfully handle the negative. It seems, regardless the size of organization/faction you work for, that negative people will always be present. These are the ones that continually complain, create confrontations and lack control of their emotions. If their contribution to your team does not outweigh the damaging attitude, you may want to consider having them transferred to a position where they would be more suited. Be aware of these personality types. Also be prepared to handle the challenges they will bring to you as you prepare to develop your new emotional steadiness.
Progressive leaders (like faction leaders or yourselves) are emotionally stable leaders. They are the ones others turn to during a crisis. They are the ones that become the beacon of true leadership. They are the ones that make it to the top!
I got scammed. I got hacked. My life ends now...
Jump up and down on your bed! Try to calm down and analyze the situation. A good & detailed report on your case will be a good back-up on the investigation on the items/characters you've lost. If you feel like you're going nowhere, that where I come in - we try to appeal for your case for further investigations and clarifications.
Enjoy life to the fullest!
I'm also a gamer. I spend tons of time and effort into playing games. However before, I do not know what GMs do, what they're capable of, or who handles the game. Because for me, I enjoy playing, it's my pastime, it's a form of entertainment to de-stress all the stuff I do at the office. While playing games, I often turn up my favorite mp3 list as well. It's weird though, when I die, or got PK'ed, scammed, I'd just say "malas lang." I know this phrase won't exactly will make up your day, or rewind the whole situation.
But hey, the main reason we play online games - at least for me - is to gain more friends, and as I've said, to de-stress from school, work, and other problems. It's like a fantasy of escaping from the real world. I just hope that we don't apply it on real life. Most would express their emotions in-game and in-real-life as well - which is bad. Might sounds cheesy, but hey, it's the truth. Don't confuse your life in-game and go back to reality. Hopefully this would lessen our wrinkles and white hair appearing lately. ^_~
Take the tests:
Go on AFK for awhile. Take these tests and check to see if you can control your emotions:
Take what you do seriously but yourself lightly. ~Ken Blanchard & Terry Waghorn
Other sources: http://www.careerknowhow.com/
Then check this out: Memoirs
Thursday, May 15, 2008 by Bea